Why choose a Power shed? A complete Alaska ready solution
There are several reasons why you want to keep your generator in an insulated shed:
- Noise Reduction: Generators can be loud. Keeping the generator in an insulated shed can help to reduce the noise level and focus the exhaust to one direction.
- Temperature Control: Generators are designed to operate within a certain temperature range, and extremes of temperature that we often experience in Alaska can impact their performance and lifespan. Keeping the generator in an insulated shed can help to regulate the temperature and protect the generator from extreme heat or cold, reducing maintenance costs and preserving your investment.
- Protection from the Elements: An insulated shed can provide protection from weather and solar UV radiation which can damage the generator and all the associated fuel lines, starting battery, and power controls such as breakers or switches.
- Extra Storage and Light: Generators require maintenance and upkeep. It is convenient to store all your extra filters, tools, and fluids in a safe convenient location. It is also convenient to have light when you need to perform maintenance.
- Security: An insulated shed can provide security for the generator, protecting it from theft or tampering. Small animals and insects also have a habit of chewing cables, building nests, and general destruction of manmade devices.
H & K can customize any size shed and install one or two primary generators, and a secondary gasoline portable generator connection point (inside or outside). We can automate, remote monitor, and control the heating and cooling. We have a variety of control systems we can install, from a simple manual start control to fully automated starting.